Sunday, October 07, 2007

Too Many Hours in the Airport




I'm on the way home from the LITA (Library and Information Technology) Conference in Denver, Colorado and have been in the Denver International Airport for about six hours. I just saw a rainstorm, a rainbow and the sunset and I am getting sleepy. My poster presentation, "Adventures in Digitization" went well and I talked to a whole bunch of interesting librarians during the past couple days. But, it is always nice to get home and I can't wait to see my dog.

It was rather weird being a tourist in my hometown and frankly, I got pretty annoyed with the rampant sports-fanatisicm! The Rockies, Broncos, and god only knows how many other local sports teams were playing this weekend and last night there were loud commotions all night long in celebration of the Rockies win. (Perhaps, I am just jealous because I was preparing for a presentation and not wasted beyond sense.)

I didn't get to the mountains, so this trip doesn't count as a real trip to Colorado. Nerdy librarians, fancy conference hotels, and a brain full of technology is definitely more work than play...but at least I got a decent breakfast burrito, which more than I can say for Vegas....

More about the techie stuff over at my digitization blog...

No comments: