Amazing! One of the best movies I have seen in a while. A story of passion/obsession expressed through two story lines of an unsolved crime and an unrequited romance. This film was a foreign film (Argentina); but, despite the subtitles, the action was fast-paced and unpredictable with beautiful cinematography and characters that were authentic and believable.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Here's the CD that sums up the year. You guys are dropping like flies. Any volunteers to join the club? Anyway, hints to why these got picked:
1. Sushi / Kyle Andrews - Because you have to kick things off with an upbeat track. It was a year of whistling and hand claps and moments.
2. The Ghost Inside / Broken Bells - Hostels in Scandinavia, Danish festival goers, open windows and iPods. Dance party.
3. Crash Years / The New Pornographers - Try not singing along to this one.
4. Heaven Can Wait / Charlotte Gainsbourg - Sexiest woman alive and a break dance champ.
5. Sunlight / Harlem Shakes - How do I explain? "We won't dance, we won't sing, we won't talk" and a Williamsburg wedding ending in a tawdry parking lot.
6.I Wanna Go Surfing / The Drums - Because I really do want to go surfing.
7. Say La La / Keegan Dewitt - la la la la la la la la
8. Could You Please Crawl Out Your Window? / The Hold Steady - You gotta lotta nerve to say you are my friend if you won't come out your window. Also the crazy cover slot.
9. Out of Place / Slackstring - I am too old to go to festivals.
10. Fire & Water / Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes - Sometimes "heartbreaking" is the best adjective in the whole world. I want to park in a car and make out to this song. Maybe even with that trumpet player.
11. Congratulations / MGMT - Trippy and beautiful
12. Rollin' in the Deep / Adele - Motown lives. Sing it, girl.
13. In Sleep / Lissie Just hot. And it is no surprise that the singing reminds me of someone.
14. Aphorism / Collin Herring - I don't think he's from North Carolina; which makes this the first ever year-end mix without boys from NC represented. Wow. Yet, kinda, they still are.
15. Ahead of the Curve / Monsters of Folk - It isn't any trouble, if you want to come with me. I know it's out of the question, but I sure could use the company.
16. I'm Coming Home / Kathleen Braun Beautiful. Thank you, Robert.
17. Beauty in the World / Macy Gray Let's keep it real. Always.
18. Fafa / Vieux Farka Toure For my old transvestite friend from the L.E.S. and her immortal words.