Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Online Traffic School- the Fifth Circle of Hell?


Traffic
Originally uploaded by agutierrez04
So, I got a traffic ticket from a very wholesome (in a LDS kinda way) cop here in Vegas. He pulled me over after "failure to obey a traffic signal" (i.e. I ran a yellow light). As if there aren't fifty million other aggressive, dangerous, drunk, high, and enraged drivers he could be targeting at that very moment and possibly save a life!!! No, he doesn't pick the scummy meth-head in the piece of crap beater swerving all over the place- he picks me, driving to work at 6 am, in my nice clean Xterra to pull over. He gave me a lecture, a ticket, and told me I could reduce my offense and the points on my license by attending online traffic school.

So, here I am at the library (my home computer does not support the IE version I need for online traffic school) and traffic school does not support Mozilla. I have five hours of reading, quizzes and pop up boxes that say, "You must spend 17 minutes and 23 seconds in this section before proceeding". (Even though I got the questions right).

So, thank goodness I have a blog to post to as I fight to persevere in this very hellish form of boredom. Wish me luck.

P.S. I got a seventy-four, which is passing and I learned that there is a severe drunk walking problem in Vegas. If that doesn't surprise you, here is another terrifying fact- 25%, yes a quarter of Nevada drivers have been in a collision in the past year. Great.

No comments: