Tuesday, July 05, 2011

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!!!!!!!!

Flaming Lips at Boulevard Pool, Cosmpolitan Las Vegas by zenhikers
Flaming Lips at Boulevard Pool, Cosmpolitan Las Vegas, a photo by zenhikers on Flickr.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Wayne Coyle. I love you. What can I possibly say to describe the bizarro, joy-inducing, confetti-filled, ear-drum busting, force to be reckoned with that is the Flaming Lips?

I mean: "We have powerful strobe lights people". "We have a space bubble." Furry animals, dancing Japanese schoolgirls, megaphones. Bliss, I tell you.

And finally, I can honestly say Las Vegas has hit adolescence!!! We have a real venue that attracts interesting bands! The Boulevard Pool simply rocks as a venue. Light on the security, heavy on the views, you can get close to the band, and the sound is awesome. Beer is $10, but...actually I can forgive that. You're a dumbass if you pay for PBR at that price, but...

Thank you Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Thank you old friends, The Flaming Lips. Thank you new peeps [shout out to the guy that doesn't know where he lives!] [fun, fun fun with crepe paper!] and thank you music gods for blessing me with a pretty freaking amazing summer of sound. 2011 is going well.

No comments: