Sunday, March 21, 2010

Golden Ale, Summer-y Psychedelic Pop, and One Big Whale

Three things rocking my world right now:

1. Moby Dick by Herman Melville- Yes I am finally starting my March project, reading this rather large, rather famous book. It's worth the wait and I am sure I will have much more to say on the topic as I continue reading.

2. Oro de Calabaza Golden Ale by Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales- This is my go-to weekend beer ever since I discovered I could buy it locally (and on sale!) It is really a complicated-tasting beer with a nice sour taste. Jolly Pumpkin uses open fermentation and bottle conditioning to make some really great beers. They had them temporarily at our Whole Foods before they ran out and claimed that they couldn't get it anymore. It's great that a few local places carry it now, because it truly is a great beer to be experienced.

3. Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective- What can I say. I know this was a 2009 album, but I think it's going to carry me right through summer 2010. This album is absolutely infectious and it makes me unbelievably happy. I highly recommend it, if you need something a little different to carry you down the road with a smile on your face.

I've also become a slightly obsessed yoga-holic...but more on that later...

No comments: