Sunday, February 17, 2008

A review of "No End In Sight"


Even though I try, I am not as familiar with the details of the Iraq War as I really should be. I saw this film was critically-acclaimed and I thought I’d check it out. If you have one hour and forty minutes to dedicate to one of the most important world events affecting our country, than this a well-organized, well-directed documentary that will explain step by step just how we got into the war and who the key players were in the process. Stop reading this and go get the movie now.

Not only is this an informative film that presents lots of points of view, but it underlines the fact that despite all the horrific mistakes made in the progress towards war that there were many people that tried their best and failed to save the country of Iraq. This only makes what we know today about the situation even more tragic. I could hardly bear parts of this film (the looting of the national museum and the burning of the national library as America stood by and watched was painful to see and the way Iraqis were treated as they were round up and arrested by our troops was particularly disturbing).

I’d love to get five minutes alone with Bush or Cheney or Rumsfeld to give them a piece of my mind. I’d also like to sit down with an Iraqi to try to explain that not all Americans supported these actions and somehow apologize for the arrogance of my country. Until then, get this movie and get angry, it is the best possible thing we can all do for our country.

No comments: