Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Take Your SXCXS One Spot Over Please!

I don't know where else to turn, so thank goodness I have a blog to vent my frustrations. So as you know, I live in the godawful city of Las Vegas. Here is one of the millions of reasons why a majority of the people here are total joke. A bad joke.

We live in a condo complex, with our apartment located towards the back of the place. Not a lot of the apartments are occupied (all those foreclosures, etc.) so we have ample parking available to us, with only about 5 cars using 8 covered parking spots. So, as residents of over a year, we are classified as "long-term" residents and have fallen into a routine with the parking. Not life or death here. It's not rocket science. It doesn't even really matter- except that there are very few stable things in Las Vegas and my parking spot was one of those things.

I park next to my husband. Our neighbors (a couple) park next to each other and we are all happy. Then we had to have a new person join the mix. An apparently quite confused and disoriented person. A person that has a low-end Mercedes with a license plate that says: SXCXS. If you haven't guessed already, one of the billions of Las Vegas realtors. Now, let's pause a minute. If you are truly a "success" would you live in a crappy condo? Don't answer that.

So Ms. Success decides she wants my "usual" parking spot and every day parks in that spot. So, Aaron and I both move over one spot. The next day, Ms. Success is in my NEW spot. So Aaron moves, yet again, and we park next to each other, again. Then she resumes stealing my spot. On the weekends, she mixes it up and steals the other couple's spots. WTF? I just don't get it..pick a darn spot and park the darn car in it. Repeat. It isn't that hard.

No we don't have assigned parking and I am well aware that this is a petty complaint, but there is a thing called basic neighborly-ness. You know, like just trying to fit in with the group of people you live around. Maybe being slightly respectful of them, their norms, their lives. Maybe trying to incorporate yourself into the group as a peaceful, if not positive member. Whatever. Don't expect it in Vegas.

4 comments:

unclejack said...

Sounds like you're ready for a house! One of the beauties of living in "Vintage Vegas" is that we all feel part of a community that hell bent on making our neighborhoods better.

Thanks for being one of our readers

zenhikers said...

Thank you Uncle Jack! As you may have guessed, I am having some trouble adjusting to life in Las Vegas, but when I stumbled upon your blog about Vintage Las Vegas I felt I had finally found what I've been craving. Thanks so much for what you do for the community of Las Vegas. I'll be calling you soon...you are right- I really need a house!

unclejack said...

I knew you were one of ours!

We’re going to the book signing/ panel on the new howard hughes book tonight. It would be a great place to meet a whole bunch of people who’d like.

Not all of Vegas is like your current perception.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my friends neighbor before he moved out of his apartment. Some people apparently just grew up without any common sense or courtesy.